Sketch Cage Match
3 teams will enter but only 1 will leave the Sketch Comedy Champion!
Hosted by iO West House Sketch Teams: Snarf
If your sketch group is interested in submitting to be one of the 3 groups in the next Sketch Cage Match, send pdfs of the sketches that you would like to perform to: email@example.com.
Please keep your set at 15 minutes or less. The lights will be cut at 15 minutes.
If your group is accepted for the Sketch Cage Match, here’s how your materials need to be delivered to the tech person in the light booth.
- Every individual sketch stapled together, with team name/title @ top as well as contact person, phone number & email.
- Light & Sound cues should already be marked in script. Sound cues should be numbered as they appear on iPod playlist or CD (cd is preferred.)
- All CDs & DVDs should be labeled with team name/title.
- Pick up your iPods & flash-drives after your show. They are not the
responsibility of iO West. Scripts & burned cds will be thrown away/recycled at the end of the night.
- No Tech rehearsal is allowed so we advise you to keep your tech to a minimum. Lights, music, sounds are okay but Video segments or standalone videos are NOT allowed.
- Please keep the stage clean.
- Each audience member will be given a ballot as they enter the theater. In order to preserve the integrity of the vote, we will not be passing out additional ballots inside the theater.
- No ballots will be distributed once the show starts.
- Be aware that costume changes/sets/props need to be timed as part of your scene time of 15 minutes
Sketch Cage Match Winner
The winner of the Sketch Cage Match will be determined by the most audience votes and will automatically qualify for a spot in the following month’s Sketch Cage Match to defend their title of SKETCH CAGE MATCH CHAMPIONS!
Sunday, August 10 @ 11:30 PM in the Main Stage - tickets are $5 (FREE for iO students)
Sunday Top Story! Weekly